Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blog Book Tour: Judy

Judy asks:

Now that you are established as an author, is your publisher interested in another book lifted directly from your blog?

Because I am very, very lazy, I had thought the first book was going to be lifted directly from the blog, and this made me happy. But then I spoke to my editor and learned that books lifted directly from blog don't sell as well, what with already being available for free, and my publishers were a little more excited about new material than I was. This was annoying to me, as I felt I had pretty much blathered anything worth blathering already. Luckily, I had a year to cough up some more ruminations. Very little of this book has seen the light of day prior to this.

2 Comments:

Blogger njanehair said...

I have a long commute between work and home, and rely on audiobooks (particularly audible.com) to keep up with my 'reading'. I would love to 'listen' to your book. Has this form of publication been given any consideration?

7:14 AM  
Blogger Vodka Mom said...

THAT is EXACTLY what someone told me today. WHy pay for something when it's FREE?


Hm. very interesting point.

I'm re-thinking my book proposal.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home