Saturday, July 18, 2009

Blog Book Tour: Michaele

Michaele (she needs an accent mark, but isn't getting it because it's not my usual computer) asks: My question is....was all the hard work worth it? I mean, when you finally got your book in your hand was it "Yay!" or "Eh."

Funny you would ask that because when Brenda the editor called to say "EXPECT THE BOOK IN YOUR MAILBOX TOMORROW!" I was all "YEAH!" because isn't one supposed to be? And it arrived and I opened the box and Consort was a poster child for "YEAH!" and the kid was "YEAH!" and the dog was "YEAH!" and the cat and I were "Well." First, there is my perverse need to feel the opposite of whatever the prevailing emotion is. But I also think it's something like the answer former Communist leader Zhou en Lai gave when asked about the impact of the French Revolution of 1789; It's too soon to tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Well, you know I loved it. I felt as if you were sitting in my living room telling me stories, except I wish I had dusted a little before reading. I laughed at some. I was sad along with you at some. Just a very, very nice afternoon.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous La BellaDonna said...

Oh, I would recommend being ecstatic. I started leafing through it at the bookstore. Then I started reading it at the bookstore. I continued reading it at the bookstore, but I knew I was going to have to come back when I had some money, and buy it. I bought it anyway, instead of groceries. I made the right choice. I laughed so hard in places that I ... um, no, I didn't pee myself. Really, no.

And, of course, I cried. And now, the words that writers dread hearing:

So, when's the next one being released?

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home