Friday, July 27, 2012

Quinn Cummings Blog Book Tour 2012

Yes, I know I owe you the end of the story (the trip home involved WEATHER and CONSORT LOOKING DETERMINED and WATERBURY CT), but I suddenly realized time was slipping away to set up the Quinn Cummings Blog Book Tour 2012.

It goes like this; on Tuesday of next week, we'll be one week away from my new book, The Year of Learning Dangerously, arriving in stores. So, starting Tuesday, I'll answer one question a day from a reader for 21 days. Ideally, it will be someone with a blog, who will put the question and answer up on their blog, but not everyone blogs, so if you're a reader but not a writer, your answer will go on here. In fact, apparently fewer people are blogging, or reading blogs, than the last time I did this;  I should send you a muffin basket for even BEING here right now, but I'm a writer and my name isn't Stephen King or James Patterson of that shades of something lady. Best to stick to smaller gestures, like a blog-book tour. I'll try to pick questions I believe are the most entertaining and/or revealing, but it's safe to say the answers might involve my toast, my pets, or my untreated concussions.

Here's how to do this; write a question in as a comment on this blog. I won't print it, but will use that as the place where I start collecting questions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Moran said...

Hey Quinn, sine I don't have children (only three dogs, for whom I am food giver, ear scratcher and doo-doo picker-upper), I'm struggling for a relevant question observation/question. But I loved "Notes ..." and look forward to the new book. Keep on keeping on.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Joy Dozier said...

Hello, Quinn.

I am a homeschooler of four young children. I was a flight surgeon in the USAF for several years before I decided to make the leap into this nutty world of homeschooling. It's a LOT of work, and that's the first thing that comes out of my mouth when newbies ask me about it. If you can devote the time to do it, I think homeschooling is hands-down the best way to teach a child because it's an individually-based education.
A friend of mine told me about your new book on homeschooling. I will look for it as I'm told it should be a good read.
For future writing ideas, I suggest following several homeschool families around in their day to day routine. I can think of several right now that would be very interesting for viewers or readers to learn about. My one girlfriend's son who was homeschooled his entire life will be entering the Univ. of Penn in the fall.
All the best to you.

Dr. Joy Dozier
http://ivyleaguehomeschooling.com

Yes, I have a blog and will post about your book:)

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home