Sunday, April 04, 2010

The World is a Stage the Stage is a World of Entertainment

I just saw a movie, The Secret of Kells. And then I yammered about it. C'mon, it's a Q-tea...at night.

Someone just wrote in and asked about my linking Catholicism, mysticism and fairies into one lump in the review. Please understand, I don't consider them of a piece. I'm not Evangelical, but I have a few friends who are Evangelicals and I know there are story elements in the movie they could find problematic; I wanted to give the heads-up.

I'm proud of having readers of every stripe, belief, and persuasion coming here and to You- Tube. My goal is to continue to create a party where everyone feels welcome and where I can make an idiot of myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Thank you for the review. I will watch for the movie to come to St. Louis. Maybe it will.

Do you remember a movie years ago called The Secret of Roan Inish? I felt the same way after I saw that.

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting....I'm intrigued. Although I do have to say I'm not sure what to think of the terms "Catholicism, mysticism, fairies" all in one sentence. I know, I know....you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I adore your Q-Tea segments. And this is coming from someone who in the past has hated You Tube for many reasons. You are the best thing on there, Quinn.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous RobinRaven said...

Oh, wow, you just made me really, really homesick with that last shot. That was my theater! I love the indies they show. They also have really good pizza in the theater, not that you've ever posted on eating pizza. haha

Anyway, great review. I shall find where it's playing in NYC. I like how considerate you were with the warnings, too. Nothing offends me (well, except for eating animals, war and cruelty of any kind LOL), and I tend to be not as sensitive to some things that may offend others. It's refreshing. :-)

6:31 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I'll keep an eye open for the movie. Should be playing somewhere in Toronto.

Didn't I see a blog about divorced parents? Didn't I make a comment and now there's nothing?
Beth

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home