Thursday, March 26, 2009

While we're waiting.

We'll finish my cat-bite story shortly. Meanwhile, my house, this morning:

I saw Consort had bought bananas again. I said, "You know I love bananas, but remember how I asked you not to buy bananas? They all have to be shipped in from places very far away. Bananas have a huge carbon footprint."

"Oh," Consort answered, "I was standing in the store and I remembered you said something about bananas, but I thought you said they had a huge carbo footprint, and I didn't think I had to worry about that."

I'm pleased to note that Consort kind of listens to me.

9 Comments:

Blogger Robin Raven said...

Oh, snap. I didn't know that. I love bananas. It's good to know. Perhaps soon I'll take a vacation to a banana-laden area, but that would defeat the purpose, no? :)

Now you've got me so curious. I'm going to be carbon footprint checking lots of stuff. hehehe

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG!!! ROFLMAO!!! I love how they partially listen to us!!! Can't wait to hear the rest of the cat story. Hope your finger is recovering nicely!!! Thanks for keeping me laughing Quinn.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He's a keeper, that Consort of yours. Bananas and all.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Kathryn in NZ said...

Please tell me you're not buying into the "food miles" hyperbole. Shipping produce by sea is the least of what goes into a product's carbon footprint.

Ok, off my soapbox now.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Um. Well.

They DO have a large 'carbo' foot print.

I buy them for my grand daughter, who ADORES them. That makes it sort of okay, doesn't it? I mean, it's for love and all that.

2:47 PM  
Blogger preppyplayer said...

I am impressed that he knew it was some type of footprint!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to give up my homemade banana bread, but I'm more than happy to buy local eggs and dairy and call it even.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to say you no longer buy bananas for the same reason I stated recently: the spiders lurking among the bunches(story from Scientific American's blog).

[shudder!]

I wish my reasons were nobly environmental....

12:51 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I went to Malaysia a few years ago and ate my first locally-grown banana. It knocked my socks off. The ones in the grocery stores now hold much less appeal.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home