Wednesday, January 28, 2009

To think I know nothing of the modern world.

Here's how my brain works: I've spent months torqued with guilt over -- among countless other things -- how I haven't been blogging enough. "Soon," I promised myself, "the book shall be done and then oh! What blogging I shall do."

Because my inner voice sounds a little mannered.

And then the book got done, and then done again, and then a little more done and then finally it was done. And I was still only blogging once a week. The feeling of guilt rolled over me like an itchy Dacron sweater dipped in Nutella and yea verily how I suffered. So yesterday I'm feeling my guilt and insisting I write more often and wishing I had Nutella in the house when it occurs to me that I could Twitter.

[My mother reads this blog. My mother has no idea what I've gotten into now. So Mom, Twitter is a format wherein I can send messages of no more than 140 characters about what I am doing right now; I think we all understand it will frequently involve carbohydrates or impotently shouting at the cat. ]

So if you go to www.twitter.com and type in Quinn Cummings, you'll find me.

I can't promise I'll be interesting, but I never promised that anyway.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh hurray! I am thrilled that you're now on Twitter. Welcome the 140 character fold.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Char said...

looks like your cat thinks like my cat

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Twitter ... because, naturally, we all need MORE cyber-addictions.

(I'm "__Deb" on Twitter, by the way.)

3:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to know you're twittering. I'm margalit, of course.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Melodee said...

Mmmm. Send me a jar of Nutella and I'll follow you anywhere.

11:05 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Don't feel blogger-guilt on our account, Quinn! We modern Web2.0 types just subscribe to your blog in a feed reader. We're not sitting at home, staring longingly at your web page & refreshing our browsers every 5 minutes.

Although I am now following you on Twitter.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home