Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Witness to witlessness.

I went into Talbot's Kids today and spent several minutes insisting to a blameless saleswoman that she had to go find me the embroidered pants which were in the Talbot's catalogue, but were unaccountably not in the store. I think I even suggested in a knowing voice that she check the "Stock in back" because for once Daughter and I had agreed on a pair of pants and I wasn't letting this moment get away from me.

And how odd was it that none of the stuff I liked in the catalogue was in the store?

It became slightly less of an enigma when I got home and realized I had been looking at the Land's End catalogue.

When I was young, I was frequently told how I wasn't working up to my potential. No one says that anymore; now this is my potential.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i was young not only was i not living up to my potential, my parents were told i was an under achieving gifted student at least twice a year. it is my considered opinion that underachieving gifted was the term for ADD in the 50's and 60's.

the catalogue glitch could be one of my adventures in confusion. please tell me you didn't call the saleslady to explain!!

cathy

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Quinn,

I usually have the same confusing problem with paint finishes and their names. Oatmeal for one would be called Country Beige for another.

=)

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to SeniorMomentLand.
population: us.

6:29 PM  
Blogger tlawwife said...

I read this to my husband who said it reminded him of the time that I stood at the car rental place insisting I had made reservations only to realize we were at the wrong company!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a road trip cross country I had made reservations with Best Western. I learned that Columbus, Cleaveland and Cinicinatti were all different cities despite all being in Ohio and their names starting with C's

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home