Monday, December 03, 2012

My Little China Girl

Actual conversation my daughter has translated from her Chinese workbook:

Person 1: Long time no see. You good?

Person 2: I very good. You are how?

Person 1: I also not bad. This weekend you want do what? Want not want play ball?

Person 2: Play ball? I don't like play ball.

Person 1: We go watch play ball, how is that?

Person 2: Watch play ball? I don't think watch play ball has much interest.

Person 1: You want do what then?!?

Person 2: I want eat, sleep.

Person 1: Fine. I go with someone else.

She still has no idea what the Chinese word for blue is. But at least she's fluent in Awkward Social Interactions.



5 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

Fascinating that the construction "long time no see" made its way into American english.

1:01 AM  
Blogger StevenIre said...

Person 1 should tone it down.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Robin Raven said...

This had me literally laughing aloud. Too funny. The first person is too pushy, and the second quite boring, hm? haha That or they really dislike the person. They didn't offer any options slightly sociable. Eating and sleeping or, in other words, not seeing the person. hah

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse my ignorance, but I was wondering if you could tell me which online school you finally ended up going with? I checked into one, went thru the entire assinine process, only to "drop out" becasue they couldnt manage to assign a teacher or send our books/materials. Id love to check into one that peeps are actually having success with! Please share :)

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I dated both in college... this brings me back and not in a good way. :)
-First-time reader Abby

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home