Friday, August 24, 2012

Draw the Line

I know, I still owe two people coffee or tea (not to mention a signed book), but that will be over the weekend. In the meanwhile, you need happy. I know you do. Who doesn't need a cartoon which is clean enough for the entire family to enjoy but also subversively witty?

Into the Thicklebit is written by my friends Melissa Wiley and Scott Peterson. They have a great many lovely, smart and kind children they homeschool, which makes the fact that they both write at home for a living really intimidating.

Honestly, the least they could do was have one child who looked less than clean. As a favor to the rest of us.

In any case, this is their side-project and I think it swings, baby. My favorite recently is this. And now I must collect names and start warming Squeakers up for her moments in the Thunderdome.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am super excited to read the new book. And THANK YOU for the new Q-Teas. They soothed my last nerve as our plane was stranded on a the tarmac for an hour and a half last week, waiting for permission to take off. I never wanted a smart phone but now I'm glad my husband didn't listen and bought me one anyway. There's Quinn... waiting on the tarmac with me in my iPhone. It just doesn't get better than that.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thank you SO very much!

I'm hoping we will be able to homeschool my granddaughter, but I was a little worried because she loves math, and is very good at it...while none of the rest of us are. I knew there were resources and websites out there that could help, but reading just about the experiences you've written of on your blog has given me more confidence about them.

Also, tackling the mountain of information necessary to even get started with something this important is extremely daunting. So your book is the first step, an interesting, entertaining and easy to read non-intimidating way to take the first step on this unfamiliar journey.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure we would have ever stopped dithering long enough to get started researching if you hadn't written this book. Because I kept thinking, "Where do we start?" And now we know.

We start with your book, and your experience. Knowing that you were unsure about your ability to homeschool successfully, yet it seems to be working, gives me confidence that it might just be possible for us to do so as well.

Or, at least, won't be doing irreparable damage by trying it. Thanks again.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous ɹǝƃƃolquǝʞoʇ said...

Read your write up in TIME.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home