Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's an Honor Just to be Nominated

Thanks to everyone who participated. It seems many of us long to poke young hopeful couples and make them see clearly. Choosing someone to receive a copy of my book Notes from the Underwire was challenging. So challenging, in fact, that I'm giving out four. If you're a winner, leave me a message on Twitter (I'm Quinncy), and I'll send it right off.

First, Kristin, because when you go to the ER as often as I do, you know exactly how important the calm person who remembers to bring change for the vending machines is.

Second, Runs Like a Gay for correctly pointing out that "Let's get the dishes done tonight so we don't have to see them in the morning" will always sigh when "It's better to let them soak until morning" has their say.

Next, Tammy for taking us through a specific-yet-universal Ikea experience. I suspect this wasn't fiction-writing, but we won't take points off for that.

Finally, Michaele for articulating something I had meant to flog harder in the story. If they speak horribly to a waiter, take heed. Some day, they'll use that tone with you.

If I could have, I'd have handed out fifty three books, that's how much fun I had reading these. Thanks again, and now go off and tell single people how to run their lives.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sara J. Henry said...

I loved all of them - well, almost all of them - and agree that canoeing or kayaking is probably the fastest, cheapest, and easiest way to test the potential of a relationship.

But a shout-out to Judy, whose entry was my personal favorite. Sounds like you have a great relationship!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Judy is always good for a great comment. Makes darn cute grandkids, too.

1:44 PM  
Blogger www.robinraven.com said...

Congrats to the winners. That was a hoot to read.

I think my favorite was the last. As someone who waited tables for a few years, it's VERY telling. haha

By the way, you are on the most recommended shelf at my Borders. :)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Runs Like A Gay said...

Woo-hoo. I won (and it's my birthday, too).

Alas I'm not on twitter, so I guess I'll have to chalk it up as experience.

Thanks for the mention.

3:15 PM  
Blogger BiPolar Wife said...

Yay yay yay! And today is my daughter's Sweet 16th birthday! She is a voracious reader and I plan to share this with her.

I knew SOMETHING was finally going to get me to join Twitter!

Thanks Quinn! Loved every single entry that you received!

5:02 PM  
Blogger PowersTwinB said...

Quinn, I am one of the pople who bought your book..I had it pre-ordered and it arrived in 2 days! I loved it! You make me laugh and I enjoy reading your blog

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home