Thursday, December 13, 2007

Still stumped?

Yes, you read my blog about the horrors of consumption, and you and I are in total agreement, but you still need to get something for your daughter-in-law, cool office-friend, brother in Thailand where it's way too late to ship. Or, you want your child to participate in giving in a way that will be concrete to them. I found one for you:

http://www.donorschoose.org/

What if there was a simple way to provide students with the books, technology, and supplies that they need to learn?

What if people from all walks of life could connect directly with public schools, learn about specific classroom needs, and choose how to help?


It's the same idea as www.Kiva.org, applied to low-income public schools in the United States. You get to choose your state, your specific area of interest, how much you want to donate, and then you click. It matters, and it changes lives.

5 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Oh! How cool is that!? Thanks for the link.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!!
I have just taken care of 6 people
on my list, they will be thrilled,
the school will be happy,and I won't be spending time looking for
ribbons to match paper on a present
that no one want....
Many thanks

4:23 PM  
Blogger OHN said...

I love it when someone can point me in a cool direction. How come I have never heard of these before??!! I have a feeling they are the tip of the iceberg and you can bet I will be trying to find more worthwhile places to help.

Thanks.....

5:19 PM  
Blogger PowersTwinB said...

Quinn...(feel free to set this to the music in your head...) "You made me love you, I didnt wanna do it", ...." ok, so now I find myself trying to get to your page to see whats up 20 times a day,and why the last post is the one I read three times already....I think I may have read youre writing a book??? but what about us, the fans out here in webland??? I need you! I miss you!!! lol...(as a new reader/fan, not as a sick/preverted/tresspasser, HONEST)
Becci

9:58 PM  
Blogger hedosean said...

Quinn, Lovely idea. However I am looking for another guift as well. My wife and I are expecting number 7 and I wanted to get her one of the baby wraps/slings you used to link to from here. I dont know the link. can you email with what it is or post the link in responce.

Thanks
HedoSean

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home