Friday, March 09, 2012

About the Movies

Robin Raven asks What are your favorite movies?

Depends on the day and the mood, of course, but my steadfast answers are Reversal of Fortune, Sunset Boulevard, and The Man Who Wasn't There.

Consort, upon hearing this list for the first time, smirked and said "You know they're all narrated by dead people, right?"

Nope, hadn't noticed that. I tell you this in case you thought I couldn't be more peculiar. Thank God he already loved me.

I also love Glengarry Glen Ross. I think it's funny.

I tell you this in case you thought I couldn't be more peculiar.

8 Comments:

Blogger Twisted Susan said...

The 39 Steps is a fave.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Nancy in PA said...

I haven't seen any of them. Perhaps I am even more peculiar than you...

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Nancy Songbird said...

I haven't seen any of them. Perhaps I am even more peculiar than you...
(sorry if this comes through twice - now the system is being peculiar...)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Runs Like A Gay said...

I don't think she's strictly speaking dead in Reversal of Fortune, but given she's in an permanent coma I'll let you (and consort) off.

Interesting selection that I wouldn't have considered programming together.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi QC. I like that you found Glengarry Glenross to be a riotous (presumably) comedy. Me too. Mamet is one of the great comedians of our age, moreso when he isn't meaning to be. Along these lines, you might enjoy Taxi Driver, and Badlands too.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Robin Raven said...

Thanks so much for answering my question. :) Great answer. I still want to watch the two of those I haven't seen. Since my faves are Harold and Maude and The Virgin Suicides, I think you probably get less double takes than I do when people ask. ;-)

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Susie said...

Coffee's for closers.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me On The Waterfront and Spartacus and throw in Dr Strangelove for some light humor for my favorites.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home