Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Don't You Know Everyone Wants to Laugh

I want to thank everyone who participated in the Help Quinn Think of Something to Write tour. If I didn't get to your question, it wasn't personal. Trust me, I'll get to it the next time the muse sticks her fingers in her ears, hums, and refuses to play with me. I know what I'm writing next and this elates me.

One last question, because it was a question which comes up in some variation every few months. The ever-prolific Anonymous asked:

Would you ever act again? If so, is there a show you wish you were on?



I have learned in my life to never say never, if for no other reason than whatever I nevered, I end up doing in public within ninety days. So I'll say this; I cannot imagine the circumstances under which I would act again. This is good, because never once in the last decade has the entertainment industry been heard to bemoan the lack of actresses over forty. Now, admittedly, sometimes they bemoan the lack of actresses over forty who haven't injected botulism into their faces and actually can express an emotional state, but they are enough actresses who fit that description to fill the infinitesimal need the industry has.

I'll say this: in the world I cannot conceive of, the world in which I act again, I'd love to be on "Big Bang Theory." I think it's funny as all get out, the performances are terrific, it's got pleasing geek-cred (I know people who would actually understand those theorems they have scrawled on the white-board in the background of their apartment). But most of all, I babysat Simon Helberg (Wolowitz) when I was fourteen. Working with him would give me no end of joy.

12 Comments:

Blogger thelittlefluffycat said...

That would be great - you could actually PLAY his former babysitter, who he remembers fondly, and being Howard, VERY fondly, and come to visit. He could try to put the moves on & you could channel your inner Mama Wolowitz. :D

1:17 PM  
Blogger KRISTINE said...

Somebody needs to get on this and email Chuck Lorre! With Wolowitz' impending marriage a situation where he encounters his old babysitter (whom he fondly remembers) could only result in much hilarity. Quinn - you must know writers who know writers from that show, right? This would be total amazeballs if it actually happened.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous LifesizeLD said...

You do realize the train has now left the station on this one... right?

"And so it is!"

4:07 PM  
Blogger Suzanna Catherine said...

I think *all* of the above is an excellent idea!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Kathryn in NZ said...

I could so see that episode happening... it would seriously rock!
You may have to be careful of what we all wish for, LOL

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Chris in NY said...

My daughter's criteria in choosing a college was based, at least in part, on the TV shows watched. Jersey Shore- out. Heroes, American Idol- out. She finally said, "I need to find my people. The ones that watch The Big Bang Theory."

8:17 AM  
Blogger Char said...

oh how i love the BBT - you would be a funny and good rival for sheldon's hand. can you imagine cat fighting with amy farrah fowler? ha!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Serena Mc Gregor said...

I love TBBT and I could see you as a guest on it. You're too young to be Howards Mom but I bet you could do her shreeky voice.

Rena

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You totally hit the nail on the head with that one. You could be Malim Bailik's character's real BFF. Her character is by far my fav.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Dawn Maria said...

I'd love to see you on Big Bang Theory. You could fight with Penny for the "Bestie" position in Amy's life. I knew there was a reason I liked your blog so much!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Dawn Maria above - you would be so great on Big Bang! It's my favorite show, and you and Mayim Bialik acting together would be amazing.

Kathy

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be fun to see you in Big Bang-hopefully a repeating character!Watching Goodbye Girl on TMC& googled you-glad you have a blog!
Annette

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home