Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Blog Book Tour: Dodi

It's a Dodi's Life asks:

Knowing what you know about the Hollywood lifestyle (from being a child star and later a casting agent), and seeing how some of the young actors Hollywood are tempted with excess, what would you say to your daughter if she asked if she could go into acting?

If she couldn't breathe right unless she was acting, if you peeled apart her mitochondria and found "Performer" writ there, I'd still be very hesitant. I had a rock-solid upbringing and my mother didn't confuse me with an ATM and I still consider myself damn lucky I got out intact. Fortunately, I believe my daughter has other paths drawing her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dodi said...

Thank you. I think you're damn lucky too.

I'm halfway through your book, and it is laugh out loud funny, reminds me of how I laugh when I read David Sedaris. I'm reading slow to savor it.

9:20 AM  
Blogger 3 Peanuts said...

I am so excited to have found your blog!! I watched you on Family and in The Goodbye Girl and my family used to tell me I was like you (we are likely about the same age and I used to be intellectual back then!). I look forward to reading your book and catching up on your blog. I just took my family blog private but I have another blog that is public and I would be happy to post about your book on it. My audience is Moms... it does not have as many followers as my other blog did but...I am happy to do it!

Kim

12:45 PM  
Blogger Char said...

such a thoughtful and good answer. too often I think children get shoved in an direction (in many professions) that they do not feel happy and fulfilled in doing.

1:03 PM  
Blogger OHN said...

I have never understood parents pushing their kids into one career or another. If the parents have regrets then THEY should switch careers...let the kids do what they love to do, they will be doing it for a lonnnng time.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home